Monday, March 17, 2014

Walking Group

A few of the ladies in the ward go walking the hills above our home every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I usually make it on Wednesdays and Fridays, cause these hills are steep hills and I usually lag behind and just watch the street ahead of me as I walk focusing on breathing and not giving up. I don't think I would be able to find my way back anyway without someone with me as the guide. Friday's walk was still hard but easier than normal. The lady that usually goes really fast wasn't there and one of the moms was pushing a stroller she set a pretty good pace for me and they didn't mind my stopping to take a few pictures. I was amazed at what I saw when I looked up and around, the area is really pretty. The houses are well taken care of with beautiful manicured yards, this one here is my favorite with that bright pink bush in front of the window, I would love to look out at that every day. And bunnies, two of them.  The ladies said there used to be four, but there have been lot of hawks in the area recently as well.

It's nothing compared to home and the hikes in the rockies where there is only nature to see and then a whole city once you make it to the top, but for now I will take and enjoy what I can get.



No comments: