Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Begun to Grow

This growing season is by far the earliest I have ever planted anything outdoors and been successful.  Here in California, it seems pretty easy, I may get spoiled, although I loved the challenge that Utah weather brought because that was considered real success if you were able to get things planted from seed outside and it survived.

Just a few weeks ago, I bought some good potting soil, mixed it in with the soil already in these brick planters, sprinkled some lettuce and spinach seeds and here they are.



Just to give an idea of how well things grow here.  These are locally grown in Watsonville just about 30 minutes from where we live and sold in the local Costco stores. I bought these bad boys on Friday and by last night the last one was eaten. They are so delicious.


No comments: