Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The finds and the goings

Not only has moving just been a headache for everyone, but we came out here with just some bare essentials and the extra furniture we moved out of our vacation home. One of the many things we left behind that I regret leaving are a kitchen table, hand mixer and a desk. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought "o those are things we can do without for awhile." I was completely wrong, so the search began for a table and a mixer.  The desk is still being put on the back burner for now.  That can wait a little longer.
It took me weeks to find a table, days of searching craigslist for just the right table at the right price, going to yard sales with no luck whatsoever. Finally a trip to a local thrift store that actually has thrift store prices and there she was, an almost perfect kitchen table that is just waiting for the finishing touches.  I also found a refurbished kitchen aid hand mixer at one of the outlet stores, originally $50.00 for only $20.00.  Can't wait to put it to work.
Next finding was at the Savers in San Jose, which does have great prices, but is a little too far away for me to be frequenting very often.  I couldn't resist getting these little tart pans and jello molds or whatever they may be.
On to the goings...the kids not only had President's Day off, but they have the entire week off of school.  I felt a panic attack coming on, what to do when friends are a min and the area is completely new and the local area attraction is closed until March and the pool water is still too cold.  I guess it's a good time to get to know the area a little better. We found a reservoir not 17 minutes from our house, completely free to get in and the fishing is great, if only we could find our fishing gear. We packed a lunch and some blankets and headed out the door.

 The hike was a leisure walk and the water extremely low, I'm assuming that these trees were once covered with water, but no more, unless it rains, a lot. But there were beautiful big hawks hunting, ground squirrels running from hole to hole and some fishermen with their sons out fishing the lake. I don't know why I never took a picture of the actual water in the reservoir, but it was somewhat pretty.



One day down, just four more to go.

1 comment:

mamabyrd said...

Great finds. The big blue thing behind the table looks especially interesting. Too bad they don't sell those at thrift stores. Hey, I wanted to invite you to join my "Friday Impressions" starting tomorrow. It's fun to keep up with you.