Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Some really great cookies

I love Pinterest for all its' worth. The recipes that are pinned, not so much. I have tried several and they have never quite had the same great result as the pin says. So when I tried these cookies last year I didn't expect much, but these really are my most favorite chocolate chip cookies. They are soft and chewy and I love the bittersweet chocolate. These cookies do not last more than a day in our home and thanks to my new and awesome and quiet hand mixer, these are going to be made more frequently. Thanks to Anna Olson, Food Network Cananda here is the recipe for the
Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
3/4 c. unsalted butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
2 tsp. vanilla extract (I use Mexican Vainilla)
2 c. all purpose flour (love the King Arthur brand flour)
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. bittersweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars until fluffy and light in color. Add egg and vanilla and blend in.

3. Mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips.

4.  Using a standard-sized cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop dough onto a prepared baking sheet.  Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges.  (the tops will not brown, but do NOT cook longer than ten minutes.)

5. Let cool, on the sheet, on a wire rack for five minutes.  Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.  Makes approximately 3 dozen. Try not to eat them all.

The bittersweet chocolate chips are getting harder and harder to find in the grocery store, so when I do find them I stock up. Semi-sweet chocolate chips taste great too.


1 comment:

Brooke Marturello said...

I've never heard of bittersweet chocolate chips, but I prefer semisweet chocolate chips anyway, so now I've got to find them. Thanks for the tip. They look delish!