Saturday, August 24, 2013

Farmer's Market

 The other day I took the kids to PineView Reservoir and spent the afternoon playing in the water and making sand castles. As we drove home I thought to myself, 'this is really an amazing place to live'.  Last night Mr. Jewels and I went the Temple and then out to eat at Pops Diner and talked about how we haven't enjoyed this city to it's fullest yet.  So this morning we all went to the Ogden Farmers Market, ate some crepes, looked at the painted horses, look at all the booths, bought a few little things and listened to some great street music.  I believe it is new this year, but there are these amazing painted old pianos on the sidewalks as well.  I tried bribing Jonathan with 5 dollars to play The Entertainer on it, but to no avail.  I thought he could as least get some spare change, if we just put a hat on the ground next to the piano while he played.




I have a crazy fascination for old doors and big ol' hinges.  Look at that one, it's so awesome, I'm gonna die!

This piano was done by a 12 year old girl.


No comments: