Monday, July 16, 2012

Welcome to your new home

Confirmation that Mr. Jewels loves me when he wakes me up by saying "I found you some more doors".
He had found some old screen doors and windows laying on the curb, so he picked them up, put them in the truck and brought them to their new home.  I love them.  I used a window screen in the backyard (pictures to come later, as soon as I find the camera) another is on hold for a future project, a screen door I gave to my neighbor, they love old doors too, and the last one we installed on our backdoor.
We did have to do some adjusting, but it didn't take longer than a hour to complete and I absolutely love it.  I have done some sanding and painting to it since this picture was taken, and now it looks fabulous.  It fits right it to the age of our home and I love leaving the door open when the weather is nice and letting the fresh breeze come into the kitchen.  So to our new old screen door...Welcome to your new old home, we hope you like it here.

No comments: