Saturday, February 12, 2011

Homemade Goodness


I love the frugal way of life, so anything that will save me some money I want to try. I saw on a television show that I can make my own cleaning supplies, now I have always known that I can make my own cleaning supplies, but now that I have seen it, I believe it (seeing is believing). I have made a disinfectant cleaner for all around cleaning, glass cleaner for windows and mirrors and laundry soap for...you guessed it, laundry. Here are the recipes, if you decide to make your own.
DISINFECTANT CLEANER
3 cups hot water
2 tsp Borax
4 TBSP White Vinegar

GLASS CLEANER
1 cup rubbing alcohol
1 cup water
1 TBSP Vinegar

LAUNDRY DETERGENT
1 Bar Fels-Naptha Bar Soap
1 Cup Borax
1 Cup Washing Soda
1/4 cup Baking Soda
Grate the bar soap as fine as you can, add 1 cup Borax, add 1 cup Washing Soda, add 1/4 cup baking soda. Stir well. Place in airtight container. Use 2 tablespoons per regular load of laundry. You can add a scent if you like, something like lavender oil or tea tree oil, just a little bit goes a long way.

I have some cucumber and peppermint oil that I'll give a go, I want my family to smell fresh and sweet all year long.

No comments: