Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Conversations


Driving home from the store, my Sam begins a conversation with me that includes some of the words he knows, like monster truck, Prime, Bee, cars and a lot of umms and mumbling, but he begins each conversation with "Mom". All I have to say back to him is "Hi Sam" and he fills in all the rest. I love it. It makes me believe that yes, we can enjoy each other's company. There can be peace mixed in with the whining, crying and screaming. How our Heavenly Father must feel, when He knows there can be peace mixed in with our whining, crying and screaming. Today marks the 180th anniversary of the organization of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and how grateful I am to have this gospel in my life and in the lives of my children. "It beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me." (Alma 32:28)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love your perspective on the whining, and the scripture! Thank you!

We in Minnesota said...

I heard from Mom that Sam has his own personality and is very adept at using it. He sounds and looks so cute, except when he is whining, crying and screaming.

It also sounds like our oldest children both have that disease...Steve's disease, argue about everything disease. I say to my kids "Your verbal gasses are smelling up the air."

Good luck.

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

That's a beautiful post, Julie. Thank you!