Monday, May 25, 2009

Let's Go Fly A Kite


Up to the highest height. I don't know if my knitted kite will fly very well, but it looks good. It is supposed to be a wash cloth. Can you tell that it is my first knitting project? I am going to try another one and then probably another one until I can get it right.
I did get the vegetable garden all planted right though, with the kids help. We have planted sweet corn, pole beans, bush beans, carrots, pumpkins, watermelons, tomatoes of course, and peppers. I absolutely love the finished project, now if only it will stay this way. I have read articles that say to "Plan for Success" so that is my motto for my garden this season. I have committed myself to spend quality time in the garden...weeding, watering, fertilizing, and Eme says I need to sing to the plants for them to grow (something she learned in school), so singing is now added to the list.

4 comments:

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

JULIE! Things of beauty, both of them! Your kite looks like mine!! I'm so glad- I'm in good company. start using it- it works like a charm.

The garden is awesome!! I'll have to tell my dad we have to sing to our garden, too.

Unknown said...

I always sing to my garden, it's another one of the things my kids like to talk about. Oh well I'm sure nit works. Your garden looks so good, you did a great job!

Jeni said...

I love your kite. It's charming.I'm glad you're part of our kite club. I think if it turned out perfect we wouldn't want to use them for washing dishes.
The garden turned out great. I'll wander by to listen to your beautiful singing. Are there certain songs that work best?

Penny said...

I love your kite! I love your garden and I can smell that damp earth just looking at the picture. And I really love your take on life!