Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What is That?

Oh, great, a pimple right below my eyebrow which is making my eye swell. How do you cover that up? And what do I do about a section of fly away hairs that stick straight out above my ears, I have to keep pinning them down, are they ever going to grow long again? Oh my gosh, am I in Junior High again? Wait, no, I'm not. I don't have those older sisters of my friends telling me that I have a big nose or that the pimple on my nose is the biggest one they have seen or that my shoes are ugly, my hair is gross, my shoulder blades stick out too far (how am I supposed to fix that?) my earings that I just got are stupid and that I walk funny and my clothes don't fit right. Boy how I hated Junior High. Why do we have to go through such torture. I would spend hours in the mirror trying to make my hair look okay but to no avail, it was useless. I got through it though, went onto High School and enjoyed it. Now I am actually brave enough to try different things with my hair and it does look okay, not perfect, but okay enough to go out in public and not feel ridiculous. And I love the way my new 99 cent pants fit, I have worn them everyday this week. Yes, everyday. In Junior High I would have been shunned if I had worn the same pants twice in one week. Oh my gosh. Didn't she wear that yesterday?

5 comments:

We in Minnesota said...

Wait, who wrote this blog? Julie? Wait, what? I am so confused. I thought you never had issues like that in jr. high. Hello!!!!????? So cute, so smart. Who were these sisters of friends? I would like to talk to them. Maybe punch them. I bet they are all fat and have 10000 zits on their faces AND butts.

Jewels said...

One of the sisters was actually in our ward. I won't write her name, but her brothers were Christian, Andre, Chad, Cameron and a sister, Randi. Amy and I did get her back pretty good though. We would write fake love letters to her from some made up guy and I would secretly put them in her backpack as we rode the bus home from school. It drove her insane trying to figure out who the guy was, it was so funny.

Nancy Campbell Allen said...

Oh Julie, I am dying. junior high was so, so painful. So were the first three years of high school. Well, for what it's worth, I'm always in envy of how well your clothes fit and your hair always looks good.

Also, I so absolutely love those videos of your kids. Nina was just up here with me and watched them. We ooohhed and ahhhed together.

Love your music, by the way!!

Unknown said...

I am glad I have blocked those years out of my memory. Now I can just make up what I want to believe they were like. By the way you are so beautiful, I really can't imagine you going through an awkward stage.

Steph said...

Yeah I hated Junior High too... now I'm an adult and don't have to worry about any of those people anymore...

Then again... being grown up comes with its downsides as well...

P.S. I want 99 cent pants!!