Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Learn to Wait

Let us, then, be up and doing
With a heart for any fate;
Still achieving, still pursuing,
Learn to labor and to wait.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I was reading many passages in my Simple Abudance book the other day trying to catch up to where I know I should be and this poem struck me and has stayed with me for many days. Oh, how grateful I am to be someone who is blessed with a desire to be up and doing and how grateful I am for a husband who is also blessed with a desire to be up and doing. At this time if I could only remember each day that striving and struggle precede success, even in the dictionary. I love our food storage, I love our financial reserves, I love being out of debt, (except for the house), I love tithing and fast offerings, Gordon B. Hinckley said it doesn't take money to pay tithing, it takes faith, I love having a Prophet who is the watchman on the tower for me, I love that I still have some babysitting jobs and I love my new job of cleaning. I love the effort my husband has taken in finding and even being grateful for small part-time jobs that come available. If only I could love the wait.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post and I love you.